A Healthier Future
Building a Brighter Future for Children and Young People
Our long standing ambition at Alder Hey has always been to build a healthier future for children and young people everywhere.
Through collaboration with key partners who share our global ambition, we have a real opportunity to drive the future delivery of children’s healthcare and greatly improve outcomes for young people in this country and beyond.
Our aim is to bring together the very best expertise, knowledge and healthcare and make a real impact on the lives and futures of children and young people across the world by:
- providing the highest standard of quality healthcare to our patients every day;
- delivering care closer to home;
- enhancing community and mental health services;
- developing new medicines, life changing treatments and new technologies to vastly improve children’s healthcare outcomes;
- promoting public health;
- educating the next generation of doctors and nurses through the Alder Hey Academy and our apprenticeship schemes;
- using artificial intelligence and patient-friendly apps to design a hospital around each individual patient that walks through our door.
- supporting our clinicians in working with colleagues across the world to develop future medicines, design improved healthcare facilities for children and share leading edge medical skills and expertise.
Alongside this, we pledge to support the City of Liverpool in its vision to become a UNICEF friendly City which puts the needs of children first and at its heart.
To enable us to deliver our ambitions, we continue to develop our Alder Hey in the Park campus, ensuring it features everything our children and young people need to get better and thrive.
Within this world class facility, investments in leading IT systems and infrastructure, combined with brilliant leadership, will support our diverse and dedicated colleagues and partners to deliver the highest standards of care they aspire to.
Together we will shape the lives of young people and give them the very best chance in life.